A $149,050 contract between the Kentucky Department of Education and the executive search firm that will lead the search for Kentucky’s next education commissioner has been finalized.
The contract was signed March 23 by representatives of KDE and Greenwood/Asher & Associates Inc., which KDE selected on March 18.
The contract calls for Greenwood/Asher to:
- Work with KBE members to define desired attributes and qualifications of candidates
- Locate and identify qualified candidates through national recruiting, national advertising and contacting sources
- Review and screen candidate submissions to determine whether they meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements
- Meet and/or consult with KBE to select candidates for interviews and work with the board through the interview process
- Conduct reference checking for all candidates and conduct background checks on candidates selected by KBE
The contract is effective through June 30, but subject to renewal, and is valued at up to $149,050.
Read the full contract here.