HOUSE STANDING COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION – 8:30 am, Annex Room 154
Agenda: Bills for Consideration
• 18RS SB 102 – AN ACT relating to the evaluation of children for special education services.
• 18RS HB 278 – AN ACT relating to automated external defibrillators in schools.
• 18RS HB 360 – AN ACT relating to state agency children.
Members: Rep. John Carney (Chair), Rep. Steve Riley, Rep. Danny Bentley , Rep. Jim DeCesare, Rep. Mark Hart, Rep. Regina Huff, Rep. Mary Lou Marzian, Rep. Reginald Meeks, Rep. Charles Miller, Rep. Phil Moffett, Rep. Tim Moore, Rep. Kimberly Poore Moser, Rep. Rick G. Nelson, Rep. Melinda Gibbons Prunty, Rep. Jody Richards, Rep. Attica Scott, Rep. James Tipton, Rep. Gerald Watkins, Rep. Russell Webber, Rep. Jill York
SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS AND REVENUE – 9:00 am, Annex Room 149
Agenda: Bills for Consideration and/or Discussion
• 18RS SB 66 – AN ACT relating to retirement.
Members: Sen. Christian McDaniel (Chair), Sen. Stan Humphries, Sen. Ralph Alvarado, Sen. Danny Carroll, Sen. Rick Girdler, Sen. David P. Givens, Sen. Morgan McGarvey, Sen. Gerald A. Neal, Sen. Dennis Parrett, Sen. Wil Schroder, Sen. Brandon Smith, Sen. Robin L. Webb, Sen. Stephen West, Sen. Max Wise
SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE ON LICENSING, OCCUPATIONS, AND ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS – 10:00 am, Annex Room 169
Agenda: BILLS FOR CONSIDERATION
• 18RS HB 100 – AN ACT relating to building industry licensure.
• 18RS HB 136 – AN ACT relating to microbreweries.
• 18RS HB 177 – AN ACT relating to certified public accountants.
Members: Sen. John Schickel (Chair), Sen. Paul Hornback, Sen. Joe Bowen, Sen. Tom Buford, Sen. Julian M. Carroll, Sen. Denise Harper Angel, Sen. Jimmy Higdon, Sen. Ray S. Jones II, Sen. Christian McDaniel, Sen. Dan “Malano” Seum, Sen. Damon Thayer
SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE ON AGRICULTURE – 11:30 am, Annex Room 131
Agenda: Consideration of the following bills:
• 18RS SJR 218 – A JOINT RESOLUTION directing state agencies to conduct self-studies to examine current practices that contribute to food waste and to identify opportunities to reduce food waste by increasing donations to charitable feeding agencies.
• 18RS HB 241 – AN ACT relating to weights and measures.
• 18RS HB 343 – AN ACT relating to certificates of free sale.
• 18RS HCR 35 – A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION urging Congress to amend the federal Controlled Substances Act to remove hemp from the definition of marijuana.
• Dr. Nancy Cox, Dean, University of Kentucky, College of Agriculture Food and Environment
• Dr. Craig Carter, Director, UK Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
• Darrell Johnson, Executive Director, UK Division of Regulatory Services
• Dr. Stuart Brown, Veterinarian, Lexington, Ky
Members: Sen. Paul Hornback (Chair), Sen. Stephen West, Sen. Jared Carpenter, Sen. C.B. Embry, Sen. David P. Givens, Sen. Stan Humphries, Sen. Dennis Parrett, Sen. Dorsey Ridley, Sen. Damon Thayer, Sen. Robin L. Webb, Sen. Whitney Westerfield
SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE ON BANKING AND INSURANCE – 12:00 Noon, Annex Room 129
Agenda: Bills for Consideration
• 18RS SB 95 – AN ACT relating to coverage for medically necessary fertility preservation services.
• 18RS HB 46 – AN ACT relating to credit freezes and declaring an emergency.
Members: Sen. Tom Buford (Chair), Sen. Jared Carpenter, Sen. Julie Raque Adams, Sen. Rick Girdler, Sen. Christian McDaniel, Sen. Morgan McGarvey, Sen. Dennis Parrett, Sen. Dorsey Ridley, Sen. Albert Robinson, Sen. John Schickel, Sen. Dan “Malano” Seum
SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, TOURISM, AND LABOR – 12:00 Noon, Annex Room 169
Agenda: Bills for Consideration:
• 18RS SJR 158 – A JOINT RESOLUTION directing the Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet to identify American Revolutionary War and Civil War battlefield preservation needs, suggest a long-term funding strategy to preserve historic battlefields, and submit a report to the Legislative Research Commission on its findings.
• 18RS HB 220 – AN ACT relating to marketplace contractors.
• 18RS SB 138 – AN ACT relating to reorganization.
• 18RS SB 160 – AN ACT relating to the sale of consumer goods during a state of emergency.
AARP: State Based Retirement Plans
• Sarah Mysiewicz Gill
• Scott Wegenast
Members: Sen. Alice Forgy Kerr (Chair), Sen. Rick Girdler, Sen. Perry B. Clark, Sen. Denise Harper Angel, Sen. Ernie Harris, Sen. Jimmy Higdon, Sen. Stephen Meredith, Sen. Wil Schroder, Sen. Reginald Thomas, Sen. Mike Wilson, Sen. Max Wise
HOUSE STANDING COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION – 12:00 Noon, Annex Room 149
Agenda: Bills for consideration
• 18RS HB 21/CS – AN ACT relating to Kentucky school bus drivers.
• 18RS HB 277/CS/FN – AN ACT relating to the licensing of motor vehicles and operators.
• 18RS HB 81/CS – AN ACT relating to disabled parking placards.
A Presentation on Transportation Funding
• Juva Barber, Executive Director, Kentuckians for Better Transportation
Consideration of Referred Administrative Regulations
Members: Rep. Ken Upchurch (Chair), Rep. Robby Mills, Rep. Walker Thomas, Rep. Lynn Bechler, Rep. Tim Couch, Rep. Ken Fleming, Rep. Chris Fugate, Rep. Al Gentry, Rep. David Hale, Rep. Chris Harris, Rep. Toby Herald, Rep. Dennis Horlander, Rep. Kenny Imes, Rep. James Kay, Rep. Donna Mayfield, Rep. Suzanne Miles, Rep. Charles Miller, Rep. Tim Moore, Rep. Darryl T. Owens, Rep. Rick Rand, Rep. Steve Riggs, Rep. Sal Santoro, Rep. John Sims Jr, Rep. Jim Stewart, Rep. James Tipton, Rep. Scott Wells